Come. Enter the mystery of the forest ~ find the abundance of nature, hand-in-hand with your child.
You are a parent… and, maybe, a grandparent. You want your young ones to feel peace and protection as they walk in the meadows and forests. You hope they feel serenity and welcome as they sit beside a stream or lake. You wish for them to see the plants and animals of all these places as companions, not threats. (Well, most of them.) You’d love for them to be truly excited about playing and having fun outside in the natural sanctuary and classroom of nature. You want them to care about, and for, their home ~ this earth.
You want your children to look at the stars and wonder at the miracles of the universe.
And, you want your children to know that they can turn to nature for their own guidance, nourishment, shelter, healing and joy, all of their lives. Because this is something you know, or once knew, or have quietly sensed, or crave yourself. Yet, you need help, dear parent, because you’re working against a culture that has forgotten the practical benefits and restorative mysteries of nature.
You long for the wisdom and magic that was once handed down from generation to generation. Maybe you long for a guiding Elder ~ one who traditionally did this teaching?
We may be the Elders you seek if…
- You want your child to embrace nature as a healing balm for their emotional and behavioral challenges.
- You want your children to have heightened awareness, so that they notice and categorize things from the natural world and learn to recognize these patterns in their own lives.
- You would love simple, easy ways to seamlessly weave nature into your life, whether you live in the country or city.
- You want to instill a love of nature so profound that you know your children will enjoy, cherish and protect Mother Earth.
- You need trusted mentors to assist you along this path to nature’s embrace.
A bit about us
We are Harry LeBlanc and Deb Vail, co-founders of Grandparents of the Forest. We want to bring to life the enduring wisdom of nature to as many people as possible ~ especially to the impressionable young ones.
We know that humans protect the people, ideas and things they love. Because you are reading this, we already know that you love your children and want the best for them. We believe that when people know and cherish their habitat, they will protect it as well, and will come to see it as a protector, too.
We believe that educating, empowering and igniting the imagination of children within the natural world is one of the most important responsibilities that caring adults can fulfill.
We have learned, through our lives, that nature is here for us, stewarding us and showing us, through her myriad tiny and immense examples, all the wisdom needed to have vital lives. And we believe our greatest opportunity is to receive this wisdom with awe and deep respect as well as to steward her well in return. We also believe it is imperative to pass the knowledge of this sacred connection down as it used to be handed down to children from parent, from grandparent, from great grandparent from… the Elders.
We offer ways to begin an interactive relationship with nature: one that will open wisdom, mysteries and connections for your family.
Grandparents of the Forest provides:
- Basic knowledge guides about medicinal plant and tree medicine for your family’s use, and helpful information about what to plant in a garden for both food and healing
- Hand-crafted Sacred Forest® flower essences as gentle healing aids.
- Mentoring resources to help your child (and you!) with sleep, restorative emotional well-being and the enhancement of joy, vitality and love for life.
- Simple inspirations and kindly reminders to open your heart and connect to nature, delivered by email and mail.
- Locally, we work with home schoolers, unschoolers, and families who want their own spirited outdoor education and fun. We do guided walks in the forest to develop empathy and understanding of plants, trees, animals, insects, weather, seasons, rocks and the skies.
We delight in working with people who answer “Yes!” to some of these questions ~
- Do you love taking your children to the farmer’s market and showing them the fruits of nature?
- Do you delight in seeing your child’s smile when he encounters small treasures like butterflies, bluebirds and starry nights?
- Do you enjoy exploring new forest paths with your children?
- Do your children like to rescue bugs and return them to the great outdoors when they’re trapped in the house?
We believe now is the time to restore the essential transfer of the Wisdom of Nature; rekindle children’s young imaginations; nurture their faith, understanding and appreciation of nature’s gifts; and reinvigorate their passion about Living Nature.